Monday, October 6, 2008

Sunday First Day in Valencia ...MEETING MY HOST FAMILY GAH!

After Madrid, on Sunday we traveled to Valencia...on the way there we stopped in Alarcon.... a little city on a hilltop with these old ruins....there´s pics on fb.....and then we finally finally got to Valencia ----our real destination....and so we arrive and we´re all getting off the bus meeting our families and Maureen, my roommate, and I are like where is our host family...did they forget about us? :( but our "tour guide"/activities director, Miguel...was like well I guess you chicas are staying with my mom and we´re like ahhhh i guess so lol so he takes us to his mom´s house....Senora Maria Carmen Legazpi Morales ..... DOES NOT KNOW ANY ENGLISH? LOL That was funnnn Maureen sort of knows spanish she just took spanish 2 last semester soooo she understands quite a bit and can speak a little bit ummmm me on the other hand Hola, adios, si, gracias..that´s my extent at the moment haven´t spoken any spanish in 5 years soooo she´s like showing us our rooms, own rooms, and the bathroom and out closets and she´s talking to me and Miguel is translating for me and then she starts yelling at him and me ---she doesn´t want him to translate but she doesn´t realize I don´t know any spanish lol ---that was interesting....

We live in an apartment building on the first floor.... she has a small kitchen, no microwave, dryer, just washing machine.... my room, maureen´s room, her room, her daughter´s room (the other Maria Carmen goes to college now but when she comes home on the weekend or for breaks - she has her own room) ummm living room/tv room/dining room all in one two little terraces and then another huge terrace off the kitchen

for dinner I don´t remember what we had but it was probably fish fried or chicken fried with onions maybe or peppers or mushrooms or spinach with a salad in olive oil with water and yogurt for dessert..... umm probably something like that

soooo heading to spanish art class -----probably going to go on a tour somewhere to a cathedral i think ---awesome class but 3 hours ...a little difficult for me to stay awake

I will try to do some more updating later but I´m sure as all of you know ---basically no internet unless I hold my computer in a certain position on the terrace soooo we´ll see what happens

love yáll

3 comments:

Cara said...

yaya! I was looking for an update! Love you!


So, you didn't get your original host family?

Anonymous said...

"ummmm me on the other hand Hola, adios, si, gracias..that´s my extent at the moment haven´t spoken any spanish in 5 years soooo"

HAHA that was such a katie rittweger sentence.

i sent you an email! i freaking love my bookmark. i've been showing everyone.

i saw some of your Spain pics online. looks like you're having a good time! i'm expecting you to be fluent in Spanish when you come back!

anyway, keep us posted! i love hearing about your experience!

love you!

Ryan said...

GET UPDATING!!

miss you
<3